Causey Farm Summer Camp
4 days of magical experiences based in a farmyard located in a beautiful part of County Meath, Ireland – on the edge of boglands and forests where children can explore a wonderful natural land. Summer Campers have endless opportunities to look, listen, touch and learn. At Causey Summer Camps you can enjoy the following:
- Trail-Blazing – Follow the secret signs with guides who will take you beyond civilisation.
- Survival Day – Depend on your wits and your team to make it back to the campsite.
- Creative Workshops — clay modelling, giant-bubble blowing, a bodhrán workshop, graffiti art
- River Trail—follow the stream as it meanders through the farm and use your engineering skills to build a dam to direct the flow of the water.
- Raft-Making — make a raft from scratch. Will your team be the first to reach the island?
- Care for the Animals — Feed and bed the pigs,
- Hens, Calves, Lambs and Ponies, and Make Hay (if the sun shines!)
- Home Baking — Everyone makes traditional soda bread and a chocolate cake during the camp.
- Bogland Exploration — Challenges, turf-cutting, bog-jumping (yes very muddy!)
- Outdoor Skills — campfire building and cooking, turf-cutting, treasure trails
About Causey Summer Camp…..
Causey Summer Camp has been in operation for 12 years and each year we update our programmes and activities to ensure your child can participate in some new and exciting activities as well as all the old firm favourites.
Our Summer Camp is tailored for children between the ages of 5 and 13 years.
What to Wear and Bring…..
Children must come dressed in their oldest clothes and shoes (wellies if possible). Everyone should bring a complete change of clothes and footwear (all old). Children should bring a packed lunch and drinks. We have lots of indoor activities planned for wet weather. We provide a safe environment with experienced staff where children can thoroughly enjoy themselves. All our activities have been designed with safety in mind and we have a registered nurse on our team. All walks, workshops and games are closely supervised.
Causey Summer Camp will run from 10am to 3pm, for 4 days on the following two weeks in 2014.
August 11th-14th (Mon-Thurs)
August 18th-21st (Mon-Thurs)
What’s the cost?
The camp costs €75 per child per week.
Transport can be arranged from Navan if there is sufficient demand & we are also planning to run a bus from Blanchardstown for the week of 6th to 9th of August if we have sufficient numbers. Please email email@example.com if you are interested in transport.
Not from Co Meath?
Why not come and stay in the area. The family-friendly Headfort Arms Hotel in Kells are offering a family room for 4 people for 3 nights (Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday night for €199 B&B). There are numerous other accommodation options on www.meathtourism.ie
- Read more about Causey Farm on DayOut.ie web site